Regardless of your investor status, be it domestic or foreign, there are many types and sources of finance available for your manufacturing sectors from domestic and foreign bank loans to equity investment.
The major Financers of your projects are:
1. DOMESTIC BANKS
- DEVELOPMENT BANK OF ETHIOPIA (DBE)
- Provides finance for projects in priority manufacturing sectors up to 70% of the cost of project without collateral upon presenting 30% personal equity.
- Commercial Bank and Private Banks Credits on working capital are available in these financial institutions.
Business Finance Guide
- DBE Lease Financing Brochure
- Directive on foreign Currency Allocation and Foreign Exchange Management
2. FOREIGN BANKS
- PREFERENTIAL TRADE AREA BANK (PTA BANK )
- The PTA Bank provides Project & Infrastructure Finance and Trade Finance as its core products and services. These facilities are available to businesses and enterprises incorporated and doing business in the PTA Bank member states.
- Facility amounts vary depending on the needs and borrowing capacity of the borrower. However, facilities will normally be not less than $500,000 and not more than $20,000,000. Smaller or larger amounts are considered only under very exceptional circumstances.
3. EQUITY FINANCES
Do you need further assistance on how to access finance from difference sources. MAU will assist you by providing you lists of firms working on financial consultancy. Please contact us:
- More than 10 foreign equity financers are working in Ethiopia. Some of them such as Acent Capital and SGI are opened operating office in Addis Ababa. The remaining are doing from overseas.